Swim Lessons are offered only during the summer months.
- Big and Little classes for parents and their children ages six months to three years focus on developing swimming readiness by teaching children and their parents to have fun in the water while practicing water safety.
- Gearing Up Swimming Class for children ages 3 to 5 focuses on:
- Back Floating
- Bubble Blowing
- Front Kicking
- Learning Safe Entry
- Lesson Preparedness Independent From Their Parents
- Underwater Exploration and More
- Tier 1: helps students feel comfortable in the water and to enjoy the water safely. Open only to children ages 4 and up unless approved by the Aquatic Director. Students must be able to:
- "Reach and Pull" With Flotation but Without Direct Instructor Contact in Order to Move on to Tier 2.
- Jump Into the Water Safely
- Show Comfort on Their Back
- Submerge Their Face
- Tier 2: Gives students success with fundamental skills. New skills:
- Basic Self-Help and Rescue Skills
- Simultaneous and Alternate Arm / Leg Actions on Front and Back
- Float / Recover
- Tier 3: builds on the Level 2 skills by providing additional guided practice. New skills include:
- Fundamentals of Treading Water
- Introduction of Butterfly
- Rules of Head-First Entry Coordination of Front and Back Crawl
- Tier 5: provides further coordination and refinement of strokes. New skills include:
- Increased Distances
- Introduction of Flip Turns on Front and Back
- Refining Performance of All Strokes
- Tier 6: refines the strokes so students can swim them with ease, efficiency, power and smoothness over greater distances. Students can expect to work on endurance in all four competitive swimming strokes.